About the DG
ECHO HOPE FSX Project
The HOPE FSX project is funded by the DH-ECHO Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations,
The aim of the Project
The HOPE FSX project is funded by the DH-ECHO Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations, through the UCPM – Union Civil Protection Mechanism (Call: UCPM-2021-EXT). The European University of Cyprus – CERIDES, is the coordinating organization for this project.
The aim of the project is to improve civil protection preparedness and response capabilities of the Republic of Armenia in dealing with large, complex disasters that require joint response coordination, facilitated throughout the Union Civil Protection Mechanism and INSARAG standards.
The total duration of the project is 24 months. The project Consortium consists of the following members:
- Ministry of Emergency Situations (Armenia)
- Ministry of Interior/Cyprus Civil Defense (Cyprus)
- Protection and Rescue Directorate (North Macedonia)
- Ministry of Interior (Montenegro)
- Bureau De Recherches Géologiques Et Minières (France)
- General Secretariat Civil Protection (Greece)
- The project will also be supported by the Emergency management Service (EMS) of Georgia, and by the International Search and Rescue Advisory Group (INSARAG).
Our Mission & Vision.
What makes us different?
The HOPE FSX Consortium comprises of academic, civil protection, and private organizations from the countries of Armenia, Cyprus, France, Greece, Montenegro, and North Macedonia.
Safe havens for support
South Caucasus countries’ efforts for sustainable development are clearly threatened by a devastating earthquake.
Good that grows
Thus, sharing capacities, capabilities and resources, scientific support decision making,
Use of proven innovative tools and joint training/exercising can lead to radical improvement of international cross border cooperation procedures of the Mechanism.